Monday, June 28, 2010

Poetry

It's been a long time since I've posted and I've wanted to update on family life, but just don't have the time right now. Soon, I promise.

I came across this poem in another blog and want to share it:

To the Child in My Heart
C. Parrot

O precious, tiny, sweet little one
You will always be to me
So perfect, pure and innocent
Just as you were meant to be

We dreamed of you and of your life
And all that it would be
We waited and longed for you to come
And join our family

We never had the chance to play
To laugh, to rock, to wiggle
We long to hold you, touch you now
And listen to you giggle

I’ll always be your mother
He’ll always be your dad
You will always be our child
The child that we had

But now you’re gone…but yet you’re here
We sense you everywhere
You are our sorrow and our joy
There’s love in every tear

Just know our love goes deep and strong
We’ll forget you never
The child we had but never had
And yet will have forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful. It says what is in every parent's heart. She is with us always. Love, Mom