Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Intoxicating Aroma of Dog Kibble?


We have a fairly regular ritual in our house that has been going on for years. Every night Paul takes the boys out to feed the dogs. Each of them get s a cup of dog food and carries it from the garage to the back door. Lately, Hunter has decided that dog kibble smells really, really good. I was sitting on the couch the other day. On his way to the back door, he brought the cup of dog food and stood in front of me. He took a giant whiff and said "Mmmmmm, 'mell Mom, 'mell!" (he doesn't say the "s" in smell) I tried to politely decline, but was incredibly persistant. Reluctantly, I took a very small sniff. It smells just the way I remembered and it definitely didn't smell good! Dakota used to like to smell my scented candles... Hunter likes to smell dog kibble!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I remember Gravy Train that Kelly used to eat- and I have to admit, it didn't smell that bad! I certainly wouldn't want to eat it- has Hunter tried that yet? Better keep an eye on that cutie!

Peg said...

I can honestly say that I have never cared for the smell of dog food. Of course, when I was growing up, we didn't give dog food to the dog. He ate the scraps from the table. Dog food wasn't ever on the grocery list. However, we spare no expense for our Polly Baby.

Nicole said...

I finally signed up so I could leave you comments. I think this is great you are doing this. :)
In regards to the dog food ... we switched to the Senior Dog Food and well, it smells like fish. (I believe one of the first ingredients is fish) Ethan eats it. We can't keep him away from it. It hasn't killed him yet, nor has he gotten sick. Just wait til it becomes his snack. :)